It’s an awesome week as the Minnesota Vikings pull out the Miracle in Minneapolis, Apple Health App Data used in rape case, a little TV and Movie news for flavor and then it’s on to the main course, C.E.S. 2018 discussion!
Who won the game for the Vikings … Stefon Diggs or Marcus Williams?
What a crazy awesome ending to that game! Why did Williams not do a wrap around tackle, keep Diggs in bounds and win the game?
(Show art photo credit : © 2016 Dave Szweduik at davidszweduik.com )
The data was used in a rape investigation in Germany to help place the suspect at the scene and prove consistency with alleged activity, including dragging the victim down a river bank and then climbing back up which registered as flights of stairs being climbed.
The Continental promises to include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world.
Deadpool 2 Release Date
In an effort to avoid a clash in the box office with the next Star Wars movie, Deadpool 2 gets pushed ahead to a May 18th release date instead of it’s originally planned June 1st, 2018 release. Good news for Deadpool, bad news for the New Mutants and Gambit movies as they are both pushed back dramatically, with many wondering if they’ll actually ever happen.
First look at Tom Hardy as Venom
Tom Hardy is set to play the title role in the upcoming Venom movie and the first image has leaked out of Tom on set as Eddie Brock. Still no final look at Venom himself, but very cool to start seeing images leak.
Altered Carbon – Netflix Original Adaptation for 2018
Looking to capitalize on the success of Blade Runner 2049, Netflix has a beautiful looking adaptation of Richard K Morgan’s cyberpunk novel of the same name.
The digitalSoup C.E.S. 2018 Coverage Extravaganza
- Samsung’s The Wall 146” MicroLED Television based on it’s Cinema Screen technology used in theaters. (No price announced)
- Channel Master Smartenna will pick up the signal and then optimize your reception automatically. It works with the new Stream+, which features dual tuners, Android TV support and a free channel guide — all without a subscription. ($100)
- Razer Mamba HyperFlux is Razer’s high end gaming mouse that comes with Firefly, the mouse pad that charges the Mamba wirelessly. ($249)
- Razer Project Linda – Razer phone powered laptop – Check out Ep. 047 in which we talk about the Razer phone.
- Hyperkin Ultra GB – Hyperkin is bringing back the original Nintendo Game Boy in the form of the Ultra GB. It looks nearly identical to the old Game Boy Pocket and plays all the original cartridges. The prototype shown off at CES had a blue screen tint, but Hyperkin said it’ll implement an RGB wheel to change the tint. It features a front-lit screen, stereo audio, and an aluminum chassis. The final version will have a USB-C port for charging as well. (Less than $100)
- Toyota e-Palette aka the future “Johnny Cab”?
The minds behind history’s most iconic toy franchises discuss the rise — and sometimes fall — of their billion-dollar creations. It’s a fascinating behind the scenes look at some of the most iconic toy franchises from “Back in the Day” detailing the amazing toy industry tied to some of our favorite childhood memories.
Be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review, lets us know what you think. You can reach us at the digitalSoup podcast website, Facebook or on Twitter @thedigitalsoup. We are also on Instagram so follow us for extra bonus material and show highlights! Have a follow up thought to anything we discussed or have an idea on what we should talk about in a future episode then drop us a message on Twitter or our Facebook page or better yet record the message on your computer or phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will play it on the air. Thanks for listening!!
What the guys are doing outside the podcast:
Jason – http://www.youtube.com/GameGuru