Tis the season to buy that one you love a truly geeky gift and boy to we have some suggestions. Then we talk about things consoles and cover a story about porch pirates getting the just Amazon rewards! PLUS Ramen, do you love it or hate it?
Nintendo’s NES and SNES Classic consoles are going away after the holidays — for good this time. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter this week, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé said that the mini-consoles will be going out of production, and once the holiday season stock sells out, they won’t be restocked.
With the announcement of the Playstation 5 and the Xbox Two (Scarlett), both coming in 2020, and coming in at $500 the internets have been up in arms with the cost of the system, most wondering what happened to the $199 price many consoles used to launch at. But were they really $199. Let’s check out some of these classic systems, what they cost at launch and what that equals out to in 2018 dollars.
Struggling to pick out that perfect gift for the geeky loved one in your life? Don’t fret, let the boys at digitalSoup help you out with twelve awesome gifts any red blooded geek would love!
- Firefly Playing Cards – The perfect gift for that brown coat in your life who can’t get enough of the short lived sci-fi series.
- Floppy Disk Drink Coasters – Not only will they keep those nasty rings off your coffee table but they will start great conversations with your children as they ask what are those things?
- Retro Arcade Machine – This little throwback houses over 200 classic games in a miniature replica of arcade cabinet.
- Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter – Pizza and Star Trek, two things every geek loves and now they are together at last in this awesome laser-etched stainless steel replica of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701!
- Geek-Art: An Anthology – A new book featuring more than 750 images, this lavish illustrated anthology showcases the inspired energy that drives pop culture and makes geeky fans of us all.
- Dungeon Corridor Infinity Mirror – A dungeon without an end. This is a dungeon corridor, lined with illuminated torches, which seem to stretch into infinity. Stare into the corridor and wonder where it leads.
- FreezerBoy Refrigerator Magnets – Make your refrigerator look like your favorite 80’s video game console with the FreezerBoy magnet set!
- Star Wars Millennium Falcon Waffle Maker – It’s tasty, delicious, and can make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. Serve up replicas of the Millennium Falcon in waffle form every morning to send family and friends into hyperspace.
- WiFi Outlets – Manage your home, even from afar. The WiFi Electrical Outlet empowers you to remotely control your appliances, whether directly with your VeSync app (on your smartphone/tablet), or with Alexa voice control.
- Wifi Inspection Scope/Camera – The perfect device to ensure your loved ones colon is in perfect health!
- Pizza Scissors – The pizza slicer is the perfect quick and easy way to cut your pizza with precision. The pizza scissors are equipped with high quality stainless steel to cut through your pizza with ease.
- PAC-MAN Party Suit – Be the life of the party with this suit covered in the classic game images.
Police in Jersey City have been placing fake Amazon packages outside people’s homes to catch thieves. Using GPS trackers and doorbells cameras provided by Amazon, police are able to track and apprehend would-be thieves. The operation appears to have found some success. One package spent just three minutes on someone’s front porch Tuesday before it was swiped and the suspect caught by police.
A new study published in Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking has found that being constantly online and on your phone can make you feel worse. Researchers found that checking your phone decreased mindfulness and caused people to be preoccupied and more distracted.
If you head on over to SouljaWatch, Soulja Boy’s website where you can buy his watches, earbuds and his emulator consoles. But it is legal? Doubtful as the console and portable system house hundreds of ROMS for Switch, 3DS, PS Vita, NeoGeo, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. digitalSoup is just waiting for Nintendo to send his company a nice little letter like they sent to LoveROMs, who wasn’t even selling the games like Soulja Boy is.
Arrow vs. Hawkeye!
How To Catch The Show & Contact Us
Be sure to listen and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play Music or TuneIn and leave a review, lets us know what you think. You can reach us at the Official Website, Facebook, Instagram or on Twitter. Have a follow up thought on anything we discussed then drop us a message on any avenue above or better yet … record the message on your computer or phone and email it to Jason and we will play it on the show. Thanks for listening!!
What the guys are doing outside the podcast:
Jason – Classic Gaming Corner – Email Jason
Adam – Starfield Escape Twitter – Email Adam
Dave – David Szweduik Photography – Email Dave
digitalSoup Unsigned Spotlight:
This Week’s Track – “Catacombs” by The Dead Gentlemen
We are a four piece band from Slough, UK (where the UK version of ‘The Office’ was based) who draw influence from Queens Of the Stone Age to The Beatles.
Check him out at Facebook Webpage.